Dr. Fung has done so much to bring fasting to the public and this offers a good survey of the landscape for those who are interested.
I especially enjoyed this book as an activity to pass the time while I wasn’t eating – and remind me of the good I was doing my body!
Whether you’re new to intermittent fasting or you want to fine-tune your fasting plan, this is the intermittent fasting manual to help you build the right fasting program for the best results. Whether your goal is to lose weight, improve your body’s insulin response, sharpen your mental faculties, turn down depression or anxiety, or slow the aging process, The Complete Guide to Fasting is the best companion for your journey
Here you’ll find everything you need to get you through your first fast, including a 7-Day Kick-Start Fasting Plan and 20 healing recipes. Get the guidance you need for all your intermittent fasting questions:
• How does intermittent fasting work, and how do you successfully combine it with diets and eating preferences such as keto or low carb?
• How does intermittent fasting amplify weight loss and improve many other health conditions, such as type 2 diabetes and heart health?
• Which fluids are allowed and can even aid fasting, and which will break your fast?
• What should you expect when you start fasting, and how do you avoid potential negative effects?
• How do you manage hunger and create the right mindset?
• What are the different fasting types and protocols, including 16:8, 20:4, alternate day fasting, and other extended fasts?
Forget about starving yourself or diets with complicated rules—intermittent fasting has never been easier!